Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Love That Picture Frame Mum


A few months ago my daughter was looking through a furniture shop catalogue in the Sunday papers and saw a picture frame that she absolutely loved. We have recently redecorated her room to make it look a little more teenagerish and I have to admit that it would have suited her room perfectly. That was until I looked at the price!!! The look of disappointment on her face was obvious but she took it very well that it wasn't possible.
A few weeks ago we were in The Reject Shop and saw this picture frame only it had pictures of Beer and Spirit brands in it. Great for the husbands bar but not so for a teenage girls room. "Just imagine it with some black and white cardstock and stamped images", I said. She pretended to be excited but I don't think she thought it would look like the store one.
Finally tonight I got around to putting it together. I was thrilled with the look but the real test was showing my daughter. With great trepidation I took it and asked what she thought. To my great relief, she loved it. Now we just have to wait for Dad to put it up on the wall. No-one said things happen quickly in my house.
I used Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock and ink pads. The stamps used are from Peaceful Wishes, Brocade Basics and Baroque Motifs. I also used the So Swirly Jumbo Wheel.
I am thrilled with the final effect, what do you think?

No comments: