Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Birthday


My youngest son had his 10th birthday recently and this is the card I made for him. He picked the set and it worked out great as the cake has 5 candles so I stamped it twice to get 1o which he thought was clever. It doesn't take much to impress a 10 year old sometimes.

I used the bold brights which I don't often go to but they are great colours for childrens cards. This one is Brilliant Blue and Green Galore. I stamped the background with Versamark. The images arew stamped in Brilliant Blue and Green Galore also and the cakes are highlighted with Crystal Effects. I actually double stamped the cakes and cut out the second and mounted them with Dimensionals to make it look like the cake is sitting on the plate. The Happy Birthday is punched out with the Large Oval Punch and also popped up with Dimensionals.

He had a great birthday and we actually managed to pull of a suprise party for him which was fantastic but hard to do. His face was worth all the secrecy though.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

So cute! Love the colours together!