Thursday, February 26, 2009

From The Garden


I have to admit that when I first saw this stamp in the Catalogue I couldn't think of why I would want it and how I would use it. Even when I did get it I still struggled with what to do. One night I was in the mood to play and I felt like colouring in and this looked like a great stamp to colour so I thought why not, give it a try.
Well I was hooked and did 4 cards that night and only stopped because I couldn't see anymore. I had so much fun colouring with the crayons and aqua brushes.
The stamp is From The Garden which is a Level 1 hostess set. The card base is Basic Black and the colours are Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie. The word "friend" is from the Wonderful Favourites set.
I stamped with Stazon Black ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock and just kept layering colour until I got the effect I was looking for. The flower has 3 layers so there was a lot of colouring in for this one but like I said, I had so much fun. I used the Mat Pack and piercing tool to create the stitch line on the Pumpkin Pie strip.
Hopefully I will get around to posting the other 3 cards over time and I will miss this one come April. It just goes to show that sometimes you don't know if you like something until you try it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks very nice...