Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Useful Leftovers


Last weekend was a bit wet and miserable so I had some time to sit down and create a few projects for classes coming up. When it came time to pack up and put everything away, I looked at all the little bits of leftovers that had accumulated. I am not the best filer by any means so I thought rather than put these bits away I should make something useful with them.

When customers place an order with me I do like to put a little Thank You card in their bag to show my appreciation. If possible I like to include some of the products from their orders so they can see ways of using their new goodies. As you can see they don't need to be big cards to be effective.

I set myself the goal of making as many little cards as possible with the pieces of cardstock I had on my table. The only things I allowed myself to add were punches, stamps and ink pads.

This is what I came up with in a short amount of time. Now I have a stock of cards and I didn't have to file away all those leftovers.

You could do this also. You don't have to make them all Thank you cards. You could do Thinking of You, Birthday tags or just blank so you can use them for any occassion. For most people it is the thought that counts, not the size of the card.

No comments: