Friday, April 23, 2010

Off To The Ball


After my day of pattern making and avoiding my ironing, (I did get some done) I sat down and flicked through some magazines and came across an article on "The Little Black Dress" that is a must have in any girls wardrobe. It gave me an idea for another pattern so I got to play again!

Now this is not quite the little black dress that everyone would have in their wardrobe but it was an obvious design for a card.

I have used Basic Black to the dress and Whisper White for the lining. The hem line has been punched with the eyelet border punch. It may be difficult to see in the photo but I stamped the Polka Dot background with Versamark and used Clear Embossing Powder to give the appearance of patterned fabric. A little bit of Whisper White Taffeta ribbon and you can't have the ball gown without bling so I added a Rhinestone brad and flower from the Pretties Kit to dress it up.

This is another project without much stamping but now my mind is racing as to what other patterns I can come up with.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi Sue! Love your "patterns". I have put this one especially into my Faves file...my daughter is getting married next year and this may come in handy for something...hen's night invitations maybe??I will be sure to show her..Thanks for sharing!

About Me said...

How gorgeous!!!! Definately saved to the favourites file!!! so so cute - great work - can't wait to see more!!!! xxx

Liam said...

love it.

Liam