Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Class Week 9 - Blue Birds and Flowers


If you know me you know I am not a huge fan of Birds - in any form of craft that is - not the real ones.  I did however buy the Two Step Bird Punch from the Mini Catalogue so of course I had to put it to use.  I had quite a bit of fiddling to get to the end result on this one but it has grown on me.
I was really upset to see that Brocade Blue was one of the colours being retired in September so it was a main influence in this weeks cards.  I am going to miss this colour.
The main card is Bashful Blue and we got to play with the Scallop Circle Big Shot die.  The large blue circle is cut with the Scissor Circle.  The birds stamped with En Francais background and edged with Bashful Blue.
The flowers are from the Boho Blossoms punch.
I don't often put in photo's of the insides of my cards but I will try and do this from time to time.



Our second card is also in Brocade Blue and Bashful Blue.  Using Vintage Vogue we created this field of flowers.  The Top Note makes a great background to work with.  Now I think that there should be a punch for everything but sometimes you just have to cut out.  We did have to do a bit of cutting this week but I think the end result was worth it.  Some of the flowers have had Dazzling Diamonds added to the edge of the petals and we also coloured a Dimensional and added some Bling to that.  The shape of our Dimensionals are fantastic for flower centres don't you think? 




If you are like me and love Brocade Blue now is the time to stock up on inks, card and ribbon as the retiring colours are now on a "until sold out" basis.

2 comments:

Calgary flowers said...

Wow......
It's a nice card, You have done a great job and it is a perfect gift for someone special...
Thanks......

Juliette Chapman said...

Sue - I love your Bird card. I finally gave in and bought the punch this week. Now looking forward to getting it later this week for a play. I think I will have to Case the card. TFS