Thursday, June 10, 2010

Upsy Daisy Revisited - Week 7 Classes


As much as I love Upsy Daisy I haven't used it for such a long time.  After doing the Stitches & Craft Show and using this set for hundreds of Make & Takes we needed a break from each other.  I did make this card some time ago but didn't feel like I wanted to do it in a class.  Well this week didn't give me much play time to create so I dug it out and I now have a new desire to dust it off and experiment again.
The colours are Bashful Blue, Whisper White and Night of Navy.  I inked up the stamp with Bashful Blue and then with the daubers, sponged Night of Navy just onto the tips of some of the flowers.  I then dabbed the Two Way Glue Pen onto the flower petals and sprinkled them with Dazzling Diamonds.  Its difficult to see in the photo but the flowers just sparkle and look gorgeous.  I punched out a half circle on the side and layered a strip of Night of Navy card stock with Bashful Blue Double Stitched Grosgrain tied around it behind the flower layer. (Hope that makes sense).  The Happy Birthday words are from Occasional Greetings. I'm now looking forward to playing with this set again.


I

Our second card was male orientated using the Seaside set.  We learnt how to "Mask" which gives you the appearance of images disappearing behind another image.  In this card we have the smaller shells fitting under the large shell image.  The colours are Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss and Not Quite Navy.  The Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss layers were distressed using the Cutter Kit tool.  The words are from Teeny Tiny Sentiments and the back layer of the words is from the Scallop Oval punch trimmed down to give a whole new look with a few brads to finish it off.  We also played with some Shrinky Dinks and created a little version of the large shell to hang on the inside of the card. 

No comments: