Friday, August 13, 2010

Class Catch Up - Week 1 - Christmas In July

Yeah!!!!! I have my computer back so now I can catch up on some postings.  The first week back at classes this term was Christmas In July.  From now on, one week a month will be dedicated to stocking up on Christmas cards to take some of the stress out of December.

The first card used:
Real Red, Garden Green, Silver and Whisper White card stock.
Large and small star (retiring)  punches, 1 3/4", 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches
So Swirly Wheel
Silver and Versamark Ink pad
Silver Embossing Powder
Spotlight On Christmas Stamp Set (Retiring)
Dimensionals

This was relatively easy to make.  I rollered strips of the red and green card with the So Swirly wheel and silver ink and punched out the stars.  They were then laid out around the circles mounted in the centre.

I can't believe that the small star punch is going as it is so great for Christmas and children's birthdays so if you don't have this one you might want to consider it before stock runs out!




The second card used:
Baja Breeze, Whisper White card stock

En Francais, Medallion stamp sets

Silver Ink, 1 3/4" circle punch and pearl from Pretties Kit

These are 2 of my favourite stamps and ones that I have been using a lot of lately.   The Medallion stamp is just so versatile and makes a gorgeous quick card that always looks stylish.  If you don't have this one, I just can't understand it!!!!!
This card can be used as a Christmas card or an all occasion card.

No comments: