Friday, August 13, 2010

Week 4 Classes - Black Magic

We got to experiment with the "Black Magic" technique this week.  This photo is not the one that we did in class but one that I played with after classes had finished.  This is sadly one of the retiring stamp sets so I wanted to do something with it one last time.

The photo doesn't do the colours justice but I am limited to what my camera can do and my photo taking skills - not sure which is the most deficiant.

What I used:

Stamp Set:     Kindred Spirits, Trendy Trees
Ink:               Craft White, Watercolor Pencils
Card:             Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black
Ribbon:          Rich Razzleberry
Punches:       Word Window, Large Oval, Scallop Oval




The second card we did uses my all time favourite stamp set which very sadly is retiring from the Catalogue but I will not be parting with mine.  I also used Vellum which I don't use very often but when I do I remember what an effective look it creates.  It is a great way of softening bright colours or adding style to a formal card.

Materials Used:

Stamp Set:     A Rose Is A Rose, Heard From The Heart
Card:             Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Ink:               Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black
Ribbon:          Riding Hood Red Satin Ribbon
Other:            Vellum

1 comment:

Kerry Parkinson said...

Love both cards Sue. Your black magic one is terrific, the technique really suits that stamp set. It will be a shame to see a rose is a rose go ...