Monday, July 4, 2011

Cards For the Boys


I am always looking for a male orientated card at the last minute for something and never seem to have any.  We made these two cards last week in class and I have used them both already so I will have to make a few more.  I always find making male cards a little difficult and my sons and husband are always saying keep them simple.  They all liked these two cards so I was on the right track.

The first card with the sailing boat was very quick and easy to put together.

Stamp:  Seaworthy
Card Stock:  Soft Suede, Night Of Navy, Very Vanilla
DSP:  DSP Designer Pack in Neutrals
Access:  Spiral Border punch, Blender Pens
Ink:  Soft Suede, Night of Navy, Stazon Black

I love the Spiral Border punch for male cards as it gives definition to the card without being over obvious.

The second card is with the fabulous Motorbike stamp from the Autumn/Winter Mini.  This catalogue finishes at the end of July so don't miss out on any of your favourites.  This also was a quick card to put together even though there are a few layers involved.

Stamp:  Motorcycle, Occasional Greetings
Ink:  Real Red, Stazon Black
Card: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
DSP:  Designer Pack in Neutrals

No comments: