Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Beyond Plaid


I normally have a lot of trouble creating male cards but this is the second week this term we have made cards for the men in our lives.  The new Beyond Plaid and Dapper Dad stamp sets from the current Mini are great for mens projects but we did do one girly card using the Beyond Plaid just to show that it is versatile.

 
This first card was created using Beyond Plaid in various colours. We used Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler and Soft Suede.  The words are from Memorable Moments cut out with the Ovals Framelits Dies and mounted on a Decorative Label Punch shape.  I had a bit of a facination with the Paper Piercing tool this week and each card has some paper piercing in it.  I think I might have over done it a little for one week!

 
I wanted to show that you can use the Beyond Plaid set for both Male and Female cards.  I did see a card similar to this when I was trawling the internet one night but I didn't save a reference to it so for whoever sparked off this creation, thanks for the inspiration.  If I come across the site again, I will come back and make and acknowlegement.  The card is done in Rose Red and Whisper White.  The hearts are from the Hearts a Flutter and Hearts Collection Dies and the words are from Teeny Tiny Sentiments.  A gemstone just adds to the girly bling look.

 
Teh bow tie is my favourite stamp from the Dapper Dad set but I am looking forward to using the shoe and watch to see what I can do with them.  We stuck with the same colour scheme of Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Not Quite Navy and Whisper White.  The printed paper is from the Neutrals DSP pack and a little paper piercing to finish it off.  It is very difficult to see in the photo but the middle tie has a little silver brad in the knot as a tie pin.
 
Not sure what I have in mind for next weeks class but it might be time to go girly!
 

No comments: